quarta-feira, 19 de março de 2014

American Hustle


Irving: I 1. ________________ that you should treat people the way you want to be treated. Didn't Jesus said that? - Yeah, right. Also, always take a favor over money. I think Jesus said that as well.
Mayor: But I don't 2. _______________ if he said the second one, He might have said the first one.
DiMaso: Everybody thought I was gonna be the boss who's gonna stay in the office. I'm outside in the field, I've got people working for me.
My ideas, I'm running the show, I'm the quarterback, and I'm not gonna settle.
Sydney: He wasn't 3. ________________ in good shape. And and had this comb-over that was rather elaborate. But he had this confidence that drew me to him.
Mayor: My father, he taught me to believe that all people are good, and to be good to all people.
Rosalyn: Life is ridiculous. And you know I would never say 4. ______________ bad about your father in front of you, but your father is a sick son of a bitch.
Danny: Daddy is a sick son of a bitch?
Rosalyn: Don't 5. _______________ that. But yes.
Irving: Hey, play your part.
Sydney: Fine, you play your part.
Irving: "Did you ever have to find a way to 6. _________________, and you knew your 7.______________ were bad, but you had to survive?"
- We were so successful for so long because we kept it just small 8._______________.
DiMaso: If you were that successful, how come you end up in this room right now, taking orders from me? 
DiMaso: "This is Agent DiMaso, placing 75,000 dollars in this briefcase
for Mayor Carmine Polito."
Mayor: We all are gonna get a ray, aren't we? We all are gonna find the light! That's right!
Sydney: We got to get over on all these guys. That's what we 9 .________________ to be thinking about right now. We got to get over on all these guys.
Irving: It's got to be the 10. _________________ we ever done.

Vocabulary

Running the show = Estar no comando
In good shape = Boa forma
Find a way = Encontrar um jeito, dar um jeito
Successful = Bem sucedido 
How come = Como (?)
Taking orders = Receber ordens
Briefcase = Pasta, maleta
Find the light =  Encontrar a luz
Get over = Se livrar de

---------------------------------------------

See you,
Teacher Thalita

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário