What are adverbs?
Adverbs are words used to change a verb, adjective or another adverb. There are six types of adverbs which are listed down with its explanation:
1. Adverbs of frequency (usually, hardly ever, never, often, always, etc.)
Used to say how often something is done.
Usado para dizer com que frequência algo é feito.
I always go to school.
E sempre vou à escola.
pronoun + adverb of frequency + verb and complement
2. Adverbs of time (now, today, tomorrow, later, last night, next week, etc.)
It is used to tell when something happens.
É usado para dizer quando algo acontece.
I have a meeting today.
Eu tenho uma reunião hoje.
Today I have a meeting.
Hoje eu tenho uma reunião.
sentence + adverb of time or adverb of time + sentence
3. Adverbs of degree or intensity (a lot, very, quite, too, enough, so, etc.)
Used to say how much or to what degreee something happens.
Usado para dar uma informação adicional sobre o gráu de algo.
I like to dance very much.
Eu gosto muito de dançar.
I am so happy.
Estou tão feliz.
sentence + adverb of degree or sentence + adverb of degree + adjective
4. Adverbs of probability (probably, perhaps, maybe, definitely, etc.)
Used to show how sure someone is.
Usado para mostrar o quão certo alguém está.
I probably won't go to the mall.
Eu provavelmente não irei ao shopping.
Maybe she is a spy.
Talvez ela seja uma espiã.
Pronoun + adverb of probability + sentence or Adverb of probability + sentence
5. Adverbs of place (here, there, inside, etc.)
Used to tell where something happens.
Usado para dizer onde algo acontece.
I want to sleep here.
Eu quero dormir aqui.
sentence + adverb of place
6. Adverbs of manner (badly, lately, happily, carefully, hardly, easily, fast, slowly, etc.)
Used to tell how something happens.
Usado para dizer como algo acontece.
Mathew runs fast.
Mathew corre rápido.
sentence + adverb of manner