segunda-feira, 25 de janeiro de 2016

À Procura da Felicidade

The pursuit of happyness


Chris Gardner.  How are you?  Good morning.  Chris Gardner.  Chris Gardner.  Good to see you again.  Chris Gardner.  Pleasure. 
I’ve been sitting there for the last half-hour trying to come up with a story that would explain my being here dressed like this.  And I wanted to come up with a story that would demonstrate qualities that I’m sure you all admire here, like earnestness or diligence and team-playing, something.  And I couldn’t think of anything.  So the truth is I was arrested for failure to pay parking tickets. 
Parking tickets? 
I ran all the way here from the Polk Station, the 1._______________________. 
What were you doing before you were arrested? 
I was painting my apartment. 
Is it dry now? 
2._______________________. 
Jay says you’re pretty determined. 
Oh, he’s been waiting outside the front of the building with some 40-pound gizmo for over 3._______________________. 
He said you’re smart.
I like to think so. 
And you want to learn this business?
Yes, sir, I wanna learn this business. 
Have you already started learning on your own
Absolutely. 
Jay!
Yes, sir. 
How many times have you seen Chris? 
I don’t know.  One too many apparently. 
Was he ever dressed like this?
No.  No.  4._______________________. 
First in your class in school?  High school?
Yes, sir. 
How many in the class?
Twelve.  It was a small town. 
I’ll say.
But I was also first in my radar class in the Navy and that was a class of 20. … Can I say something?  I’m the type of person if you 5._______________________and I don’t know the answer I ‘m gonna tell you that I don’t know.  But I bet you what.  I’ll know how to find the answer, and I will find the answer.  Is that fair enough? 
Chris, what would you say if a guy walked in for an interview without a shirt on and I hired him?  What would you say? 
He must’ve had on some really nice pants. 

Vocabulary & Expressions
Half-hour = meia hora
Dressed  = vestido
Earnestness = seriedade
(to be) arrested = ser preso 
Dry = seco
Smart = esperto
To bet = apostar
On your own = Sozinho, por sua conta.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário