segunda-feira, 24 de fevereiro de 2014

Confessions of a shopaholic - Sale


There's another entrance this 1______________________!
These cashmere 2______________________ I need as it is winter and I have... 3______________________.
So that's all.
I'll buy these and these alone.
Now 4______________________ away, strong and frugal.
Oh, my God! Pucci boots.
Fifty 5______________________off?
Do I need these?
Do I need these?
Do I 6______________________ these?  
No.
Jeannie, Pucci boots!
Uh, oh, I'm so 7______________________. I had 'em first.
I know but you put them down.
No, I know I did, but I saw 'em 8______________________, so I'm gonna take 'em.
Yes, but then you took your hands off them.
Give me the boots,
and no one gets 9______________________!
Give me the boots.
Give me the boots!
Look! There's a sale on Burberry!
That's the oldest trick in the book!
- Give 'em!
- Don't you tell me...
Give me the 10______________________!
I waited in line all morning for this!
Ah! Ha-ha!

Useful expression

Oldest trick in the book = Usado para truques batidos. Exemplo: 
One man distracted me while another stole my wallet.
Um homem me distratiu enquanto um outro roubava minha carteira.

That's the oldest trick in the book.
Essa é velha. 

To wait in line = Esperar na fila

Put sth down = Colocar algo que você está segurando no chão ou em uma outra superfície.

Fifty percent off = 50% de desconto. O termo "off" é muito usado para dizer o quando do preço original foi cortado. 

Vocabulary

Cashmere = tecido de lã fina e macia, feito do pelo da cabra da região da Caxemira (Ásia). No século 19, esse termo passou a ser usado como nome de uma estampa com formato de folhas de pontos curvadas.

Frugal = Controlado, quando se trata de gasto de dinheiro ou comida. Sem exagero, ponderado. 

See = ver (simple past = saw / past participle = seen)

-------------------------------
Ready for shopping?
Pronto para as compras?

See you!!!
Teacher Vinicius

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário